ICIAM2019-VALENCIA FINANCIAL SUPPORT PROGRAM
THE GRANT COVERS:
- Undergraduate, graduate & Postdoc*: 150,00 €
*A postdoc is defined as a person with a PhD degree, not currently employed or in a faculty position, but working at a University in a research capacity, under the direction of a faculty supervisor.
To be eligible, an official certificate or document provided by the school to prove current enrolment must be submitted.
- Senior researcher: 400€
Travel tickets (in economy class) will be booked and paid by the organization of ICIAM2019 Congress.
Accommodation expenses in hotels and residences will be booked and paid by the organization of ICIAM 2019.
MAXIMUM GRANT AMOUNT
Delegates working at Institutions located in:
Maximum grant amount
Zone 1: Spain
Zone 2: Europe (except Spain), Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Turkey, Georgia, European Russia
Zone 3: All countries not included in Zones 1 or 2
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE
Notification of early decisions: Mon March 4, 2019.
Notification of final decisions: Mon April 01, 2019.
For any other queries or comments please contact Prof. Elena Vázquez Cendón (email@example.com), head of the Travel Committee within the Organizing Committee of ICIAM 2019 and ICIAM 2019-Valencia P2B program.
FINANCIAL SUPPORT PROGRAMS & SPONSORS
Banco Santander ICIAM2019-Valencia Scholarship Program: This program, sponsored by Banco Santander, funds 25, 50 and 75 scholarships for Zones 1, 2 and 3, respectively.
This program is sponsored by Banco Santander.
ICIAM2019-Valencia P2B Program: This program is sponsored by several Spanish centers, institutes and departments of mathematics and is coordinated by the Spanish Society for Applied Mathematics (SEMA). It provides funds for 80 scholarships for Zone 1. Information on this program can be seen here.
ICIAM Financial Aid for Participants from Developing Countries: It funds 5 and 7 scholarships for Zones 2 and 3, respectively, exclusively for Developing Countries. The list of the Developing Countries may be found in page 142 of the World Economic Situation and Prospects 2018 report of the United Nations.
This Program is sponsored by The International Council for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
To apply for a grant, the applicant should submit the following information:
- Personal data (full name, nationality and email address) and professional data (work center, department, company/institution, address, city and country)
- A brief description (max. 200 words) of the applicant's scientific and technological interests, as well as goals and expectations in attending ICIAM 2019. Here, the applicant should also declare the impossibility of getting other sources of funding.
- A short curriculum vitae (max. 400 words) including present status, qualifications obtained and relevant activities carried out in the context of industrial and applied mathematics.
- Two recommendation letters from specialists in Industrial and Applied Mathematics (pdf format) including their full professional and contact data. The files must be named as SurnameName_RL1.pdf and SurnameName_RL2.pdf.
- For Master and PhD students: an official certificate or document (pdf format) provided by the school to proof current enrollment. The files must be named as SurnameName_OC.pdf.
- Contact data of the head of the Department/Faculty of the applicant’s institution.